facilitator | trainer | coach
Immediately following undergrad she served in several roles in higher education administration including Institutional Research. Armed with a decade of experience and an MBA, Dr. Scanland then had the opportunity to oversee research and strategy for a publisher’s ten national magazines. That provided the foundation to transition to consulting in research and marketing strategy for a variety of clients in higher education, publishing, manufacturing, and service organizations.
With the desire to dive into the deep end of organizations, Dr. Scanland returned to school to complete a doctor of management and organizational leadership. Following that degree, she pursued certification from the International Coach Academy.
Today, throughout a typical year, Kathryn will facilitate corporate training, design leadership development programs, facilitate leadership retreats, create organizational assessment strategies, guide organizations through visioning and strategic planning, and coach leaders to enhance their leadership capacity including completing their dissertation.
Dr. Scanland’s blog on leadership provides a window into how she thinks about and processes leadership challenges. It’s become a periodic feature for the Center for Values-Driven Leadership at Benedictine University and a resource for the graduate school at Indiana Wesleyan University and Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence.
Kathryn lives in downtown Chicago and enjoys exploring art galleries throughout the city, taking long walks with her husky mix, Lily, and spending the evening at the theater or symphony. To expand her creativity, Kathryn is pursuing a photography certificate. She’s addicted to Harvard Business Review and reads anything she can get her hands on regarding leadership.
Kathryn values the colleagues she has gained through serving on various nonprofit boards as well as the board of directors for Baker Publishing.
Dr. Kathryn Scanland’s Credentials
- Doctorate – Management and Organizational Leadership, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- M.B.A. – Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
- B.S. – Business Administration, Greenville University, Greenville, IL
- Certifed Trainer for Everything DiSC
- Certified Trainer for The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- Certified Trainer for FranklinCovey’s 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity
- Certified Professional Coach, International Coach Academy
- Association of Consultants to Nonprofits
- ATD (Association of Talent Development) Chicagoland Chapter
Copyright (c) 2019, Greystone Global LLC, All rights reserved